Kyiv Polytechnic Institute
Today Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute is the largest technical university of Ukraine among universities of research type, one of the leading universities in Europe and world. About 25,000 students study here, including foreign students. University has 19 faculties, 9 educational and scientific institutes, several scientific and research institutes and educational centers.
The idea of establishment of technical educational institution occurred to sugar mill workers of south-west regions. On 18th of January 1880 with the active support of the head of Kyiv exchange committee N. Hryakov it was decided to open the subscription for donation-raising. Raising money, guaranteed the contributions of Kyiv patrons and support from the Minister of Justice I. Witte who allowed to make a decision on 25th of November 1896 on private meeting in L.I. Brodskyi’s house to establish Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
- Faculty of Welding - ZF
- Faculty of Physical Engineering - IFF
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering - IHF
- Faculty of Biomedical Engineering - FBE
- Faculty of Instrumentation Engineering - PBF
- Faculty of Radio Engineering - RTF
- Faculty of Heat and Power Engineering - TEF
- Faculty of Aerospace Systems - FAKS
- Faculty of Biotechnology and Biotechnics - FBT
- Faculty of Electric Power Engineering and Automatics - FEA
- Faculty of Electronics - FEL
- Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science - FIOT
- Faculty of Linguistics - FL
- Faculty of Management and Marketing - FMM
- Faculty of Sociology and Law - FSP
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics - FPM
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics - FMF
- Faculty of Chemical Technology - XTF
- Joint Faculty of Mechanical Engineering - JFME
There are 20 dormitories on the territory of the University, which are home to over 13 thousand students. By appointment dormitories of the campus divided into: 17 dormitories for singles, 2 family dormitories and 1 dormitory for postgraduate students. In the campus held a local computer network with access to the Internet, which is in each dormitory.
All dormitories are situated in the campus of the University, which is adjacent to the park area (Solomensky district, Kyiv). Dormitories for single are corridor type and block type. Rooms can accommodate 3-4 people. In the corridor type dormitories, rooms with toilets and washbasins are located on each floor at both ends of the corridor.
Apply for admission
Duration: 6 years
Degree Awarded: MBBS/MD
Language of Instruction: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Ukrainian Universities are Recognized By MCI.